Friday, July 18, 2008

Bill Clinton: Wills to campaign for Obama

Former president Bill Clinton said on Thursday that he would like to campaign in support of Barack Obama's candidacy "whenever he asks".

"We had a good talk and he said he wanted me to campaign with him and I said I was eager to do so", Bill Clinton said this at a press conference to announce his foundation's breakthrough on Malaria drug prices.

Bill Clinton pointed out that Senator Barack Obama is currently gearing up for his overseas trip.

Clinton said, "He is busier than I am on politics anyway. I just told him whenever he wanted to do it, I was ready, so it is basically on their timetable".

Bill Clinton and Obama spoke over telephone on June 30 in an effort to mend fences, three days after Hillary Clinton and the presumptive Democratic nominee appeared publicly for the first time in a show of party unity.

The former president remains a hero to many grass-roots Democrats, and can possibly help Obama to win over working class whites.

Bill Clinton was in New York on Thursday to promote an initiative from his foundation to reduce the prices of malaria medication.

Source: netglimse.com

No comments: