Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Michael Phelps loves Cameron Diaz

Michael Phelps' Girlfriend: He Addresses The Rumors

In a candid interview via satellite from China, Olympic golden boy Michael Phelps opened up to "Extra's" Dayna Devon about dating, his multi-million dollar payday and Cameron Diaz!

As for the rumors Phelps is dating fellow Olympic swimmer, Amanda Beard, he declares, "No, I'm not dating Amanda Beard. I'll say that. I think she has a boyfriend." When asked if he's single, he responds, "Part of my life is kept to myself. I'm able to relax and be with my friends. Those pretty much are the only people who really know the answer to that question."

SEE PHELPS' SPORTS ILLUSTRATED COVER

The eight-time gold medal winner in the Beijing Olympics has been known to listen to music before races and reveals to "Extra" what's on his iPod saying, "Rap, hip hop, Lil Wayne..."

News that American Idol alum, Carrie Underwood, has a crush on him, he admits, "That's the first I've heard of that. That's pretty cool."

Devon also asks Phelps his pick to play his leading lady in a movie about his life. "Any actress you love?" Phelps says, "Cameron Diaz seems pretty cool. She seems like she has a cool personality. "

Phelps is now poised to rake in an estimated $40-100 million in endorsements, but he tells Devon, "It's not about the money. I love what I do." He continues, "The one thing I'm really looking forward to doing is raising the bar in the sport of swimming and promoting it...to get new faces involved in the sport."

Phelps' ceremonial last lap for the Hilton Swim to Beijing Relay helped raise $100,000 for The USA Swimming Foundation benefiting swimming education programs across the U.S.

*****

In addition to Extra, he sat down with the AP and called himself a "definitely a momma's boy."


Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com

No comments: