Thursday, August 21, 2008

Michael Phelps - Cameron Diaz - Amanda Beard

Michael Phelps' Girlfriend: He Addresses Rumors, Beard Says "Ew" No

In a candid interview via satellite from China, Olympic golden boy Michael Phelps opened up to "Extra's" Dayna Devon about dating, his multi-million dollar payday and Cameron Diaz!

As for the rumors Phelps is dating fellow Olympic swimmer, Amanda Beard, he declares, "No, I'm not dating Amanda Beard (seen here). I'll say that. I think she has a boyfriend." When asked if he's single, he responds, "Part of my life is kept to myself. I'm able to relax and be with my friends. Those pretty much are the only people who really know the answer to that question."

READ INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL PHELPS DAD FRED PHELPS

SEE PHELPS' SPORTS ILLUSTRATED COVER

Meanwhile, Amanda also denied she was dating Phelps, saying, "Eww, that's nasty... I have never, ever hooked up with Michael Phelps," Beard said via telephone from Beijing on the "Johnjay and Rich Show," which is broadcast on Kiss FM 104.7 in Phoenix.

"Come on, I have really good taste," Beard said. "He's really not my type."

Asked how the poolside rumors made their way into London's Daily Telegraph, Beard said she had no clue.

"We don't even talk to each other," she said of her relationship with Phelps.

Those comments got her in trouble, and she has apologized. "Everyone who knows me knows I can be a jokester, but I guess I took it too far," the four-time Olympian tells PEOPLE. "I never meant to say anything rude about Michael. I am 100-percent sorry for what I said. I take full responsibility for it.


Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com

No comments: