Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bigfoot Sightings

Bigfoot

Has Bigfoot Been Found?


The world is waiting to know if the creature stuffed in a Georgia freezer is really a Bigfoot. Some have guessed it could be a gorilla, escaped from a nearby Gorilla Haven. Loren Coleman over on the Cryptomundo blog wants us to call it “The Georgia Gorilla” rather than “Ricmatt” after the two men who “discovered” it, Ric Dyer and Matthew Whitton.

Take a look at the Gorilla Haven website. There’s not much resemblance. Compare with the photograph of poor, dead “Ricmatt”. I refuse to put that corpse photo on my blog.

Loren Coleman is now oddly uncritical of Dyer and Whitton, who apparently burned a Coleman book on video (I didn’t watch it). He’s also ceased his formerly incessant criticisms of Tom Biscardi, a very controversial Bigfoot researcher that Dyer and Whitton invited to view the corpse and publicize the “discovery”.

Obviously Coleman wants a piece of the action and is willing to be nice, to get in on what may be a major event in his field. Go, Coleman! I wish we could all just get along, for a change. Wouldn’t it be cool if this creature ended all the antipathy that has been so much a part of Bigfoot research in the past?

Biscardi, a Vegas music promoter, is using his talents to promote the Bigfoot “discovery”. A press conference tomorrow promises to provide further insight. The press release is all over the Internet and I’m not going to reproduce it here. See it here if you haven’t read it already.

Last year I eradicated the Biscardi name from this blog. Basically, it was simple. My blog crashed when I tried to upgrade it and I didn’t load in all the old articles about when Tom Biscardi came to Happy Camp in 2005. I didn’t want to be reminded, or to remind anyone else that he’d been here. But now, I’ll break my silence to answer the question I’ve seen in many Internet Bigfoot venues today.

That question is: “Could this be a Biscardi-related hoax?”

Friends, I am not a big fan of Tom Biscardi. I met him, worked with him, filmed his infamous videos for online publication, and learned a lot about Bigfoot research from him. But finally I quit the job because I’m really not into his personality — especially his attitudes toward and treatment of women. No surprise there - I’m a woman and I FEEL for other women, even Ruby, who Tom was very critical of behind her back (and she funded the project!). So I’m not saying the following because I’m a friend of Tom’s.

But here’s the truth, as I see it. Tom is much more likely to be hoaxed than to be a hoaxer. This is what I believe to be true, after a summer of close observation on how he operates. Tom was so obsessed by being the one to find Bigfoot, he wanted to believe anything. That’s why he got hoaxed by a crazy lady in Stagecoach, Nevada who claimed she had one in captivity. He wanted it to be true, and his long-time friend Peggy Marx was the go-between for Biscardi and the lady in Nevada. Tom totally trusted Peggy (and probably still does). She’s the one woman I’ve seen him show utmost respect for.

But as for hoaxing, I really didn’t see Tom ever do anything like that. In fact, he was carefully checking facts and being very reserved about statements made during the time he was investigating Happy Camp sightings. If anything I thought he was too eager to believe, to the point of being child-like, in a way, in his acceptance. He’d apparently seen Bigfoot several times and naturally thought others who claimed to see it were being totally truthful. Child-like trust and acceptance of the claims of others do not make Tom a hoaxer.

I’ll have to admit I’ve had my doubts and suspicions, and didn’t like how the organization he was working with in 2005 operated. I also thought at least one of the old Marx photographs was possibly a fake. Seeing how faked it looked was the last nail in the coffin for my relationship with Tom Biscardi. I totally lost heart for what was going on, and quit my job as web designer and camera person for them.

On the positive side, there’s one thing Tom has going for him… and that’s his co-worker in his new organization, JavaBob Schmalzbach. JavaBob is my next-door-neighbor, sort of. He still owns the property next to mine, but he hasn’t been there in a couple of years. For some odd reason, JavaBob and Tom hit it off. They were both born and raised in New York City…. maybe that has something to do with it. When JavaBob left here it was to go work with Tom in their new organization, Searching For Bigfoot.

Now I may have my doubts and personality divergences with Tom, but I totally trust JavaBob. I believe he’s of excellent character, and I say that after knowing him not only as a neighbor but as a member of several community organizations he participated in. Just before he left here he was president of our local chamber of commerce for a year. I can fairly well guarantee you that if JavaBob Schmalzbach says this is a real Bigfoot, it is.

Sometimes I wonder why Tom Biscardi wants to always be the one seen. He’s the one who gets the interviews, who promotes himself as the “number one Bigfoot researcher of America” (or something like that)… but I see that many if not most other Bigfoot researchers have no trust in him. If JavaBob would come out of the shadows and be a spokesperson, I believe it would give the organization a lot more credibility.

Sorry, Tom… just telling my views of the situation.

With Tom as spokesperson, I’m wondering what proof there will ever be that will be enough to convince all the skeptics. Already shadows of doubt are being cast.

For example, the two men who “discovered” this dead Bigfoot - Ric Dyer and Matthew Whitton - are also very controversial. I just finished reading an article published in Australia: Doubt Thrown On Bigfoot Discovery. This article says they’ve admitted hoaxing the public by producing a faked video with a fake scientist. Even though they’ve apparently already hoaxed, we’re now supposed to accept their evidence. Hmmmm… kind of hard, isn’t it?

It might be easier if these were two backwoods country bumpkins that somehow stumbled over a corpse and didn’t know what to do with it, but according to Tom’s publicist, Robert Barrows, who issued a press release, these two men are an off duty cop and a correctional officer. They are not total idiots and to see them doing things like burning books and producing faked interviews with “scientists” is downright weird.

All that aside, the Bigfoot research world is waiting for word on the creature’s DNA. Tom Biscardi was big on having scientific proof, and even back when he was here in Happy Camp he had someone lined up to provide this proof in case he ever did have a Bigfoot in captivity.

Tags: Bigfoot,Bigfoot Sightings

Source: bigfootsightings.org

No comments: